As a couple, the prayer of agreement is a powerful tool.
God highly esteems unity. Jesus said in Matthew 18:19 (ESV), “Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” The husband and wife who will take the time to pray together will not only create unity and harmony in their home, but God will work on their behalf to bring their requests to pass.
Here are a few practical tips to help you and your spouse get started praying together.
- Make a detailed list of requests that include every area of your home, family, work, etc.
- Write major requests on index cards that you can carry with you. Write out at least three scriptures on the back of each card as a reference for your faith.
- Be thankful when you pray. Start each prayer with a “thank you, God” attitude.
- Be specific when praying, and remember, there is no situation too small or too big that you can’t pray in agreement over,
- Keep it short and to the point. Many things don’t require you to pray for hours.
- Keep a prayer journal of your requests. As they are answered, date them and check them off the list.
Use the steps mentioned as a guideline to help you start creating this prayer habit. You will be amazed at how your faith begins to grow as you see God answer each request and bring it to fruition. It will not only build your faith, but it will be a testimony to those around you, including your children!
THE TAKE AWAY
As a couple, learn to pray together over specific requests you have in your lives.
MORE ON PRAYER