The Primary Goal
“I will think before I speak, making sure my words are good, promoting harmony, edification and health to the listener.”
How you say it is just as important as what you say.
Communicate; Communication: (Websters)
Communicate: To express oneself effectively. The exchange of ideas, messages, or information by speech, signals, or writing.
Communication: (Roget’s Thesaurus)
The giving or exchanging of information; revelation, communion, informing, discovering, interaction, conversation.
- Proverbs 15:2 (KJV) The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
- Proverbs 15:28 (KJV) The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
- Proverbs 18:13 (KJV) He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
- Proverbs 12:18 (NKJV) There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword, but the tongue of the wise promotes health.
- James 3:6 (NIV) The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
- James 3:8 (NIV) but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
- James 3:10 (NIV) Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.
- Romans 2:1 (MSG) Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. It takes one to know one. Judgmental criticism of others is a well-known way of escaping detection in your own crimes and misdemeanors.
- Ephesians 4:29 (KJV) Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
- Romans 10:15 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news.