The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. – John 10:10
Are you living a satisfying life? It’s God’s Will that you do.
STEPS TO LIVING A SATISFYING LIFE
Here are three ways you can begin to live the satisfying life God has called you to:
You and I are designed by God to serve others. Like the example Jesus set for us as the Good Shepherd, we are to spend our time living for, giving to and serving others. The secret to living the satisfied life is found in serving others.
Some people don’t want to do this because they don’t want to deplete their resources, but we are different because we have a source that never depletes. God is our source!
- “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
- The greatest among you must be a servant. Matthew 23:11
- There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13
- “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12
One of the first time’s God talks about unhappiness, He is talking to Cain. God tells Cain that he’s unhappy because he isn’t doing what is right. Part of living that satisfying life is to be obedient to God’s Word.
- Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2
- And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father. Colossians 3:17
- See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people. 1 Thessalonians 5:15
In order to live the full life God has called us to, we need to know what He has promised us. You can’t get something if you’re not aware it belongs to you, can you? Start studying God’s Word.
- For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 2 Corinthians 1:20
- And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires. 2 Peter 1:4
- And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
THE TAKE AWAY
Don’t settle for “some” of what God has for you! Start working the principles from His Word and live the satisfying life He has for you.
GET THE RESOURCE
Get the laugh-and-learn MP3 series, “The Satisfied Life,” today!