God’s Word has some specific things to say regarding the role and responsibilities of a parent in raising successful children.
Here are just a few tips:
- Parents who fear the Lord will have successful children (Psalm 112:1-2).
- Parents are to train up their children in the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6).
- Parents are to teach the Word of God diligently to their children (Deuteronomy 6:6-7).
- Parents are not to provoke their children to anger by the way they treat them and should not overcorrect them (Ephesians 6:4).
- Parents are to bring their children up with the discipline and instruction from the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
THE TAKE AWAY
You can learn a lot about parenting from books and magazines, but ultimately God’s Word contains the answers that will bring long-term solutions. Take time to search through the Bible and find the scriptures that pertain to children and parenting and begin to apply them in your life.