The Primary Goal
“I will be a problem solver, not a problem maker, a peacemaker, not a peace taker.”
Resolving Conflict: (Websters)
Resolving: To make a firm decision about; to cause one to arrive at a decision.
Conflict: A state of open prolonged fighting; a state of disharmony.
- Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (KJV)
- James 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. (KJV)
- Proverbs 17:14 Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out. (NIV)
- Proverbs 20:3 It is to a man’s honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel. (NIV)
- James 4:2 You want something but don’t get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. (NIV)
- James 4:6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” (NIV)
- Proverbs 29:22 An angy man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered one commits many sins. (NIV)
- Proverbs 21:19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman. (KJV)
- Proverbs 26:21 As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife. (KJV)
- Romans 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish upon every soul of man that does evil. (KJV)