If you don’t tell yourself the truth about today, you’ll believe the lie.
The lie is that today you won’t get what you need done, that you should be worried, and that your circumstances will never change.
That’s not what God says. He speaks the truth and if it’s not the truth, it’s a lie.
SAYING WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT TODAY
- Today is the day that the Lord. I’m going to rejoice and be glad!
Psalm 118:24 – This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.
- I have God’s peace with me today. I won’t be worried or afraid.
John 14:27 – Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give is as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.
- I am surrounded with a shield of divine favor. People like me even if they don’t know why.
Psalm 5:12 – For you bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover him with favor as with a shield.
- I won’t focus on yesterday’s mistakes because God’s mercies are new today! (I will repent quickly and forgive quickly.)
Lamentations 3:23 – Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
- Wherever I go today, I’m going to be blessed!
Deuteronomy 28:6 – You will be blessed when you coming in and blessed when you go out.
- God will give me the wisdom to make good decisions today!
James 1:5 – If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault and it will be given to him.
Don’t get caught up looking at circumstances, those are temporary. God’s Word is the truth and doesn’t change.
1 Peter 1:25 – “…but the word of the Lord endures forever.”
Tell yourself the truth today! (And don’t just keep it to yourself – remind your family!)