Would you like to live a peace-filled life?
Even in the midst of life’s obstacles, you can have peace.
The holiday season is upon us and there are recitals, events, parties, and travel. It can feel chaotic, but let’s take a moment to get quiet and remember the peace that we have available to us.
PEACE HAS COME
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:14(KJV)
The night Jesus was born, there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep when suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared among them.
The angel was joined by a vast host of others – the armies of heaven – praising God and saying,
“Glory to God in the highest heaven…” Luke 2:14 (NIV)
The “glory to God,” which the new-born Savior was to bring, is followed by, “peace on earth,” of which He was to be the prince (Isa 9:6).
They don’t say glory to God in heaven, where angels are, but, they use a rare expression, “in the highest heaven,” or “on high.”
And peace on earth, a restored relationship with the Father, was the prime errand of the Son, Jesus Christ, our Savior.
John 10:10 (NLT) The thief’s purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
As we celebrate this wonderful season in a confused and fearful world let us reflect on what it means to have a God who is the Prince of Peace:
Peace |pēs| noun
1 freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility
2 freedom from or the cessation of war or violence .
Opposite of Peace: conflict, clash, incompatibility, squabble, dispute, disagreement, friction, strife, struggle, fighting, war, hostilities, contradiction.
WHAT THE WORD SAYS ABOUT PEACE
– Psalm 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
– Psalm 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.
– Psalm 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
– Psalm 37:37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
– Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
– Proverbs 3:2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they (Gods commandments) add to thee.
– Proverbs 16:7 When a man’s ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
– John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
– Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
– Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
– Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
– 2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
Summary: A peace–full life.
*Make these scriptures your confession and speak them over you and your family. Let’s say what God says.
– I will lay down in peace and sleep.
– God will bless me with peace.
– Abundance of peace.
– A wonderful future awaits those who love peace.
– Nothing will offend me.
– Peace will be added to me.
– My enemies will be at peace with me.
– Jesus gives me peace.
– We have peace with God.
– Peace will keep my heart and mind.
– Peace will rule our heart.
– Peace is multiplied through the knowledge of God.
Isaiah 9:6 (NLT)
For a child is born to us, A son is given to us.The government will rest upon His shoulders, And He will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
THE TAKE AWAY
Whenever you begin to feel stressed and are tempted to let your words go negative – re-read this and remind yourself of the promises of peace God has given you. It’s not just a nice word, it’s a real thing we can have through Christ!
Get your FREE printable download to remind you of the peace we have through Jesus.
OUR FREE GIFTS TO YOU