Dads are great teachers. Whether on purpose or just by watching them, we learn a lot. We asked people to share what lesson they are most grateful to their dad’s for and below are some of the answers we received.
THINGS DAD TAUGHT ME…
- The importance of follow through.
- To be on time and always give my best.
- To do my chores without complaining.
- Live within your means.
- That dads, like their Heavenly Father, want to bless their kids.
- To love Jesus and people by being an example of living like Jesus in front of us and making us read the scripture.
- To be honest no matter what the consequence.
- That being a man was caring for others as our Lord did.
- That when life gets hard, as it often does, to get yourself up, put on your boots and get the job done.
- A strong work ethic and the importance of family.
- The value of hard work and doing things right.
- Not to toot your own horn, let someone else do it for you.
- Always do your best. Do it right, do it once.
- That you can never borrow yourself out of debt.
- To always stand up for truth.
“Fathers,” were a God idea. The creator of the universe describes himself as a Father. He also describes himself as Love. This describes action not just feeling. Love is what you do for somebody, not what you feel about them.
Thank you, Dads, for teaching us so many lessons through your actions as well as your words.
This Father’s Day be sure to thank your Dad or the father figure in your life![/vc_wp_text]