It is important to know who you are in Christ. You need to know what God promises you and what He asks you to do. If you don’t know the truth, you’ll believe the lie – that you aren’t good enough, that things will never change and that there’s nothing you can do about that.
We have a great freedom in Christ because He has redeemed us, saved us and loved us – even when we were unlovable.
It’s important that you know what God’s Word says and that you say what God’s Word says!
WHAT GOD’S WORD SAYS
– I am blessed and surrounded with a shield of divine favor. People like me even if they do not know why.
For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield. Psalm 5:12 NKJV
– I am led by the Lord. He is directing my steps today.
The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. Isaiah 58:11 NLT
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23 NLT
– The love of God is shed abroad in my heart. I can walk in love with others because I know the source of love.
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5 NKJV
Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another. Romans 12:10 NKJV
– I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ to do great things!
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10 NLT
– God is instructing me and teaching me in the way I should go. He is guiding me and watching over me today. He will never leave me.
The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” Psalm 32:8 NLT
Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT
– God has plans to prosper me and not harm me. To give me a future and a hope.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
– Because I obey and serve God, I will spend my days in prosperity and my years in pleasure.
If they listen and obey God, they will be blessed with prosperity throughout their lives. All their years will be pleasant. Job 36:11 NLT
– I have been redeemed from the curse of the law which includes poverty, sickness and death.
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”). Galatians 3:13 NKJV
– Because I study God’s Word and are obedient to it, I am going to succeed!
Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. Joshua 1:8 NLT
But if you remain in Me and My words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! John 15:7 NLT
– I don’t have a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. The peace that passes all understanding guards my heart and mind today.
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 KJV
– You have the mind of Christ. God is leading and guiding you. You are going to make wise decisions today!
For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16 NKJV
– Getting wisdom is my number-one priority. When I do that it brings long life, riches and honor.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7 KJV
“I love all who love me.Those who search will surely find me.
I have riches and honor, as well as enduring wealth and justice.
Proverbs 8:17-8 NLT (Wisdom talking)
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom…” Proverbs 9:10 NKJV
– The words I say today will be good and helpful. They will be an encouragement to people who hear them. I avoid foul or hurtful language.
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. Ephesians 4:29 NLT
– My sleep is sweet. I’m not afraid because God watches over me.
You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly. You need not be afraid of sudden disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked, for the Lord is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap. Proverbs 3:24-26 NLT
– When I confess your sins, I know God forgives me. Because of His forgiveness, you are quick to forgive others and quick to repent.
But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 1 John 1:9 NLT
You must make allowance for each other’s faults and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Colossians 3:13 NLT
– I can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV
– Because you are obedient to the Word, you are the head and not the tail; you are above only and not beneath. You are blessed wherever you go today!
And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. Deuteronomy 28:13 NKJV
The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” Luke 1:28 NIV
– Just as Jesus did, every day I grow in wisdom, stature, and favor with God and man.
Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people. Luke 2:52 NLT
– I am a child of God. He knew my name before I was even born. I can always go to Him with confidence.
For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26 NLT
Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence. Ephesians 3:12
– Because I trust God, I don’t lack for anything good. He supplies all my needs.
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 NKJV
Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing. Psalm 34:10 NLT
– I will be a good steward of the gift God has given me. I will bless others with it and bring honor to God and my family.
God has given each of you a gift from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. 1 Peter 4:10 NLT
A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. Proverbs 18:17 KJV
A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, Loving favor rather than silver and gold. Proverbs 22:1 NKJV
– Whatever it is that I need, I take my request to God. He is able and will do exceedingly, abundantly above all I can ask or think!
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. Ephesians 3:20 NKJV
– Jesus paid the price for me, and by His stripes I am healed!
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:4-5 KJV
He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By His wounds you are healed.1 Peter 2:24 NLT
– I won’t worry or be anxious about anything. I will go to God about everything. I will thank Him for what He has done, and believe I will receive what I asked for in faith.
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Philippians 4:6 NLT
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matthew 21:22 KJV
– God specifically created me for this time. Before I were ever born He knew me and set me apart for a purpose. When I seek Him, He will give me the desire and the power to complete that purpose!
You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. Psalm 139:16 NLT
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him. Philippians 2:13 NLT
– No matter what circumstances I am in, I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. Greater is He that is in me, than anything I will come against in the world.
But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. 1 John 4:4 NLT
No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. Romans 8:37 NLT
– Because I put my trust in the Lord, I do not lean on my own understanding, and acknowledge Him in everything I do, He directs my paths.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV
These are just a few of the scriptures out there that let what Christ has done for you and what God’s Word promises and asks you to do!
THE TAKE AWAY
Get your Bible and start looking up the in Him, in whom, in Christ – because that will tell you who you really are as a child of God.
Let’s celebrate the freedom we have in Christ!
Download your printable copy of Who God Says I Am…